Please look through the following sections to view and download our documents.
FRUK ENROLMENT FORMS
- FRUK are fully insured by MortonMichel.
- Our first aid equipment is staffed and accessible.
- We have a Health and Safety Policy in line with the Health and
Safety Act, 1974.
- Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work
Regulations 1999, we undertake a risk assessment of the
workplace and provide employees with adequate training.
- Natural play resources, such as logs, branches, ropes etc.
are risk assessed before play commences.
- Our recruitment policy ensures that all staff are appropriately
qualified, have relevant experience and are Disclosure and
Barring Service checked.
- We have permission from Hackney Council to operate within our site
in South Millfields Park. Please note that our site is a public
park and, in accordance with our lease agreement, we cannot
lock the entrance gate, nor can we prevent members of the
public from accessing or using the park. Our site is full fenced
with only one entrance gate.
- To ensure safety, should a member of the public enter the site,
a staff member would introduce themselves and let them know
that a group of young children are on site. If the member of
public remained on site and the children’s safety was a
concern, we would evacuate the site and roam with the
- We practice our evacuation procedures regularly with the
children and our staff work upon a strict ratio of one teacher to
five children (as opposed to the standard nursery ratios of 1:8
or 1:13 for those settings employing highly qualified teachers
as we do). With one practitioner for every five children the
children are always within immediate line of sight and proximity
to a staff member, always within our boundary.
- Further to this, a key safeguarding practise is the games we
regularly play with the children such as“one-two- three where
are you?” We also use a bird whistle, which the children
understand means that they need to stop what they are doing
and come to the teacher blowing the whistle. The children are
also taught the importance of staying within our boundaries and
with the group.
- Risk assessments and safety sweeps are carried on our site prior to the arrival of children each day. Risks such as loose branches and animal faeces are addressed before the children arrive on site. Any dangerous waste/rubbish found is removed. Please note, as we operate in a public park it is not always easy to find all waste. The children are taught to not pick up or touch any waste/rubbish found on site, but to tell a grown up.
- Tented toilet facilities are provided and maintained in accordance with health and safety standards.
- The secure online registry, FAMLY, records a child’s name, DOB, details of their parents or carers and emergency contact details. Any health needs or dietary requirements are recorded, and notes are kept of any accidents, illnesses or medical treatment administered to the child, to be signed by the parents/carers upon collection, or notified immediately in the event of an emergency. Data is stored in line with the Data Protection Act
- Under the Food Hygiene Regulations 2006, all businesses preparing or supplying food, must register with the environmental health department. Our site has been registered with Hackney Council and certified as suitable for food preparation and supply.
- Accident & Incident Policy
- Administration of Medicines Policy
- Allegation Of Abuse Against A Member Of Staff Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Clothing Kit List Policy
- Employment & Staffing Policy
- Equality of Opportunity Policy
- Food & Healthy Eating Policy
- Food Safety Policy
- Full Terms & Conditions
- Health & Safety Policy
- Hygiene Policy
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Key Person Policy
- Late Child Collection Fee Policy
- Missing Child Policy
- Non Collection of Child Policy
- Special Educational Needs & Disability Policy
- Settling In Policy
- Sickness, Medicines & Emergency Treatment policy
- Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
- Tapestry Learning Journey Policy
- When to notify Ofsted
EYFS & CHILD DEVELOPMENT
FRUK PRESS COVERAGE